SUBCATEGORIES OF BLUEGRASS COUNTRY SONGS: A WORK IN PROGRESS
I had too much fun with @dean's construct to stop.
- •Blue collar workers signing the man
- •Coal workers singing about injustice
- •Moonshiners singing about booze
- •Mountain people singing about how city folk can't understand
- •Country folk signing about the hollow, the foot hills, the trees, or the canyon
- •Protestors signing about the strikeBluegrass is pretty progressive.
- •Christians singing about JesusBluegrass is pretty conservative.
- •Musicians signing about their instruments.
- •Appalachians singing about hours of the night.
- •Farm people singing about live stock.
- •String pickers not singing anything.
- •Men singing about constant sorrow.
- •Truck Drivers singing about weed, whites and wineSuggested by @sarahschussheim
- •Folks singing about Kentucky.