THINGS I NERVOUSLY ASK MY SISTER IN FEAR MY BABY IS ILL (OR WHY ITS GREAT HAVE A DOC IN THE FAMILY)
Almost every answer from @sally is "nah, it's fiiiine."
- •The following is a direct quote from a text: The kid is going on 48 hrs w/o 💩. He is eating well and peeing a lot but no 💩. 48 hrs ago he had two HUGE 💩. Any reason to worry?Answer nah, it's fiiine. Only poop things to worry about: black, white, or red poop; pellet poop and water poop. Fun fact: he nearly shot himself across the room "naturally" about 10 minutes after this text exchange.
- •During a FaceTime: Is this rash a problem?Please note a five week old baby doesn't like it when you move his head sideways and stick an iPhone in his face. Also, the answer was nah, it's fiiine.
- •In hospital with newborn: the nurses said, YOU MUST FEED HIM FOR TEN MINUTES PER SIDE EVERY THREE HOURS OR YOU ARE BAD PARENTS.While this may be misremembered due to lack of sleep my sisters answer to IS THIS TRUE ARE WE AWFUL PARENTS AND WILL HE HATE US FOREVER? was nah.
- •After reading her list of fun facts about babies and learning the boy doesn't have knee caps, I asked if we should get him knee pads.She laughed and then said, nah. I was only partly kidding.
- •I am sure the next emergent question will be answered with the follow.Nah. It's fiiiiine.
- •The boy has super dry skin on his head and we asked if it was a problem.Nah, babies have dry skin but if you l put some Aquafore on it. It's fiiiiiiine, she said. Side note: Aquafore causes very fun cow-licks.
- •"Is it bad that the spit-up is yellowish white?!?"Nah, it's fiiiine.Suggested by @sally