THINGS I NOTICED AT MY FIRST BRIS AFTER MY SON'S
Some observations now that I know what I know and I've seen what I've seen.
- •Everyone is uncomfortable
- •The mohel makes the same jokes but they are funnier when your son isn't about to be welcomed into the Jewish community.
- •Not having a Bris during Passover leads to better food.
- •The post-Jewish cry is awful even if it isn't your kid.
- •It's really incredible how fast the boy stops crying.
- •The tools are scary to look at every time.
- •This mohel, who also did our Bris, has done more than 7,000 of these.That's a lot.
- •Rabbi Moshe Trager is the Bay Area's only full time mohel. And he does all kinds of services and has swift and sure hands.He's on Yelp. #bayarea
- •This is a strange yet beautiful ritual.
- •Everyone is very happy for the parents who are so clearly traumatized.Lack of sleep and the ritual mutilation is a lot for the first eight days.