THINGS THAT MAKE LITTLE OR NO SENSE ABOUT SF PUBLIC TRANSIT
New York ruined me.
- •They removed forward facing seats that don't have a wall or other seat in front of them for safety.However all they did was lock the seats in the folded-room-for-a-wheel-chair position and people sit on top of the folded part. #safetyfirst 👍
- •Bus drivers won't tell free loaders they have to pay.Now I understand this for the creepy dudes from the Tenderloin but the little old ladies and bros...come'on son we all gotta pay our way.
- •SF MUNI has stopped engaging me on Twitter.I mean I suppose that makes sense.
- •When the Clipper Card (the rechargeable bus pass) reader is down you get a free ride but can also get a ticket for not paying the fare.Even if the driver says it is ok. Seen it happen, @sally at my friend's house.
- •BART is a suburban commuter train galavanting as a subway system.Just a statement of fact.
- •There are public restrooms in the area but the homeless prefer the MUNI/BART station escalators -- which are never working (see previous clause) and are rarely cleaned.It seems to me a clear cause and effect: clean the 💩and the escalators will work. 👌🏽
- •It costs more for two adults to take MUNI-->BART-->OAK airport than to drive, pay for parking over a long weekend, pay the toll on the Bay Bridge and drive back to the city.Forget about the time.
- •Cable Cars are part of the system.Another simple statement of fact.