An apology to those who had kids before me
Inspired by a recent One Bad Mother episode
- •I'm sorry for being so put out that you got sidetracked from our lunch date conversation by your tiny baby.
- •I'm sorry that I was impatient when you didn't answer my emails as quickly or as thoroughly as I expected.
- •I'm sorry judging how you handled situations or how you seemed to be doing some lazy parenting at times.
- •I'm sorry for thinking it was weird that you never wanted to be away from your kids and make plans with me.
- •I'm sorry for not realizing that how your kids act in public and/or how you handle situations around other people may not actually be the norm.
- •I'm sorry for thinking that your picky eater was picky because of things you did or didn't do.
- •I'm sorry for thinking you're half-assing it when you arrive empty-handed.I had no idea how much work it is to stop at a store with one (or more!) kids.
- •I'm sorry for bragging about how much I accomplish before 10 a.m. on weekends.
- •I'm sorry for judging your messy house.
- •Using swimming as an alternative to a bath or shower for kids...I now know a pool or lake is an acceptable form of bathing on those days I just don't have it in meSuggested by @sjrockstar
- •I'm sorry for not realizing how crushingly devastating a miscarriage is. Though I do not remember the things I said to comfort you, I'm sure I said all of the worst things.
- •I'm sorry for judging you for having your kid on a leash.Runners are brutal! I now know firsthand.