I ❤️ the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon
A few examples
- •Tamp. I swear I'd never encountered this word before, now it's in just about every book I read.This li.st would be much more formidable if I'd started keeping track sooner. Things That Have Been Tamped Down in Books I've Read
- •StrumpetSame deal, but less frequent.
- •"accidental president"Never heard this term (it refers to a VP who becomes president when the president dies or leaves office). It was in the title of the book I just finished. I heard it in the LBJ movie. It was in Veep.
- •Nauru (a tiny island in the Pacific)Never heard of it. Listened to a podcast about it recently, and now it shows up in the book I'm reading (Unbroken)
- •This has happened several times in the past months, with the cocktail liqueur Aperol, with fruit shrubs(drinking vinegars) and with the Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon, because I looked it up, came to li.st to check it out, and you just made this li.st a month ago I could suggest to. (This one might be a stretch, but I still like this topic!)Suggested by @jennifergster
- •SkatalogicalHeard this recently once, then repeatedly after. Perfectly describes someone in my home, but I'm not saying who. 💩