- •Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games) writes children's books?! Did not know.Love this book...though I admit I haven't finished it yet. My audience wandered off.
- •Here's another one! SURPRISE! It's about the Vietnam War. Didn't see that coming and wasn't prepared to tackle such a heavy subject with my 2 year old.Would be great for kids with parents serving overseas... although I recommend pre-reading it first.
- •Every Bob Shea book is a delight. No surprise there.But cute surprises in the book.
- •All other kindergarten parents I know have both the name of their kid's teacher AND have a supply list. I don't.And in Monsters Love School, written and illustrated by Mike Austin, I'm being taunted!
- •I'm only on page 71 of Jon Meacham's biography of George H. W. Bush's biography... and I'm at least ten times more fascinated than I expected to be.Also, when the gynecologist came in for my appointment today I was crying. In the gown. On the table. Reading this book.
- •Read this to my kids last night. Today I listened to an episode of One Bad Mother and they were interviewing a children's book author.I SHIT YOU NOT — it was the author of THIS book. Talking about this book! My kids always run to the play area, so there is only a teeny tiny section of books I can peruse while watching my kids. And this book happened to be there. Yesterday. And I wasn't even looking for it.