Poll: can you drive a stick?
I read today that only 4% of Americans can drive a stick. Can that be true? Can you?
- •YES!!I refuse to drive an automatic transmission. One of 100 reasons why I'm not a Minivan Mom.
- •Yes!Not American though. 💁🏻Suggested by @estherlimtf
- •Yes.Not American though @estherlimtfSuggested by @Alphonse
- •Yes! I can and prefer to do so.MJ taught me how to drive a stick. We bought a used 1975 Audi 4-speed (no a/c) in 1978. Best stick drive in El Paso is Scenic Drive. Idling, shifting into first while not dying at the top of North Kansas Street and Schuster is a special rite of passage.Suggested by @chacal
- •Technically. Yes. But...I've had so many different "teachers" on different cars over the years and it's been at least a decade so I would DEFINITELY stall out a lot if I did.Suggested by @supercommonname
- •In theoryI learned on a manual transmission, but that was 18 years ago, and I'm well out of practice. I could do it in a pinch with a slightly rocky start! 😆Suggested by @dreadpiratemama
- •Yes!And I'm bummed my current car is automatic.Suggested by @celestestelle
- •Yep! I don't own one now unfortunately but that's how I learned to drive.Suggested by @tylerka323
- •Yes!!Thanks to @tastywafflesSuggested by @ameliaseptember
- •Nope!Suggested by @lexie_elyse
- •Yes!But not in a car. 😉🍆Suggested by @Boogie
- •No but I want to learn!I don't know anyone that can... Do you think there's community classes for it and the library or something?Suggested by @e
- •Yes!my dad is convinced it's a necessary skill to survive, so he made me and my sister both master it before we could drive our mom's automatic. It was annoying as a 15yrold, but now I love that he made me and I hate driving anything else 💛💛💛💛Suggested by @margaretmae
- •Yes!But I do not live in the US. Still we have one stick one automatic and my hubby and me take turns to drive them...Suggested by @maclavarela
- •Um, only if I have to.I can and have on occasion but I hated it every time!Suggested by @julieann718
- •Of course!Suggested by @kcupcaker
- •Nope! Automatic only babySuggested by @paige
- •Yes! My first car was manual, and I taught my son to drive one last year.Suggested by @pathb