Things I don't think I'll miss
...when my kids are older
- •Never having a pile of papers in the tableThey. Always. End. Up. On. The. Floor.
- •Sippy cups
- •That little plastic bin on the top shelf in the dishwasher for all of the cup/bottle parts
- •The changing table
- •Inconvenient nap timeSure, nap time is great when you need a break and/or an excuse. But sometimes it's downright inconvenient.
- •Never knowing where my stuff is.Even though I know damned well where I left it.
- •That I never wanted to paint my nails because as soon as all ten digits are wet, I know someone is going to need something.
- •Constant visitors in the bathroom whenever I have to go.
- •Feeling like I have to be constantly vigilant.Though to be fair, I'm pretty crappy at this.
- •Never truly being able to relax at parties or events, because I constantly need to make sure they are safe/fed/sunscreened/not running off.
- •Putting sunscreen on them.Especially him. Will. Not. Miss. That.
- •The flexibility of our current schedule.That's about to change with kindergarten.
- •Car seats.It will be nice to have a car that seats five that actually seats five.
- •Stepping on Legos.
- •How complicated it is to run a simple errand.