Things I will miss
...as my kids grow up
- •Nap time.
- •Reading together.
- •Silly pronunciations.
- •The crib.
- •The build-in excuses.Oh, geez. Sorry. I wish I could go, but [nap time/bedtime/not feeling well, etc.]
- •Their genuine excitement to see me.(If I'm going to be completely honest to all of you, I think my son has grown out of this already.)
- •The non-stop chatter and that they want to share things with me."Mommy!! Watch this!"
- •Little toes.
- •Her adoration.
- •Naked booty shakes.
- •His Lego talent.He can follow the complicated instructions or create his own (usually symmetrical) designs. And I am in awe that he (usually) doesn't lose his cool when he can't find the piece he needs.
- •When she no longer creates celebrity names for everyone.Daddymommy, Mommydaddy, Hunterroman
- •Her telling me I'm her best friend.
- •When she's possessive of me and doesn't let my husband kiss me.