Things I Wonder On Any Given Day, vol. 10.
Eighty to ninety percent of the brainpower I exert on a typical day of mine involves random thoughts. I started to write them down. This day was January 14, 2016.
- 1.How, in a car, there should be "mean horns" and "nice horns".For example, I don't want to honk my mean-sounding horn when I simply want the little old lady in front of me to know that the light is green. I instead want a nice-sounding horn, a simple nudge, if you will. Maybe like the tickle sound the Snuggle bear makes, something like that.
- 2.Who doesn't always, every-single-damn-time, click the "Skip Ad" button on YouTube vids.
- 3.Why there's always a negative stigma behind "Talking behind someone's back". People do it to receive third-party, unbiased, fresh-to-death viewpoints in order to properly assess the situation in whole, rather than reacting rashly, hastily, and possibly regrettably, to the original someone's front.
- 4.When a phone vibrates within a TV show or movie, you instantly think it's your phone. Vibrations are crazy powerful.
- 5.The physical act of a human crying. You mean to tell me that our brain is biologically and chemically wired to respond with a salty fluid pouring out of the eyes' tear ducts because we're in pain, sad, or even happy? I think elephants cry in real life too. Unreal.
- 6.How the song "Miserable" by Lit begins.
- 7.Why people say "the alarm went off" when it actually went on.
- 8.The irony of complaining about people who complain.
- 9.How awesome Shia LeBeouf is in the movie "Fury". Dude is nuts too. Love it.
- 10.If I'll ever achieve a hole-in-one.
- 11.Before dating someone, or even meeting someone - if you could possibly know when and where the closest the two of you came in contact with each other in the past.i.e., if you both were shopping in the cereal aisle at the same time and didn't know it. Or, one of you cut the other person off while driving. Or, on the same flight. Same strip club. Endless scenarios.
- 12.How I changed my only "time-travel ticket" (besides the Grey's Almanac get-rich factor) from witnessing JFK's assassination (or being on the set when Britney Spears shot the Toxic video) to being at Avery's Auto Salvage in Manitowoc, WI on 10/31/05. I'd throw down a lawn chair, chill and scope.
- 13.Believe in yourself more than anything else. Ta-ta.