Things I Wonder On Any Given Day, vol. 3.
Eighty to ninety percent of the brainpower I exert on a typical day of mine involves random thoughts. I started to write them down. This day was August 11, 2015.
- •Pre-20th century, how freaked out people must have been when experiencing static electricity.i.e., It's the year 1746. A young English fellow blows out his candle to go to bed. He takes off his wig, then he starts to take off his linen shirt.. And boom, fireworks within the shirt explodes as static electricity goes ballistic in the dark. What in the world was he thinking at that moment? That had to be crazy. That's it.
- •How a cute puppy will always make me weak in the knees.
- •How many people know the group who sings, "I get so weak in the knees, I can hardly speak, I lose all control and something takes over me..."
- •If they had a regular jamoke citizen like me on 'Dancing With The Stars', how far I could get in the competition.
- •The astronomical amount of chicken and beer is consumed on the planet each and every day.
- •How amazing that asking "a/s/l?" was once a thing.
- •How amazing that taking a phone line out of your landline phone and plugging it into a modem to log into Excite.com was once a thing too.
- •How amazing that people today take "universal truths" from people back then who didn't how many parts hydrogen water has or that the Western Hemisphere of the Earth even existed.
- •Why people don't like the movie Terminator 2 as much as I do. An epic cinematic display of thrill, subtle humor, sadness, action, artificial intelligence, survival and sacrifice. Mmm.
- •That I need to travel more.
- •How many Caitlyn Jenners there'll be for Halloween this year.
- •If I can pull off being Les Grossman for Halloween this year.
- •How "Trap Queen" by Fetty Wap is a good song? How it got to be mainstream? I'm baffled. I'd rather listen to "I'm Blue Da Ba Dee" on repeat.
- •Why global warming wasn't mentioned once in the Republican Party Debate last week.
- •That I still marvel how simple handheld calculators work.
- •Is a pair of scissors one thing, or two things?
- •Ok at this point I'm just looking around my desk trying to conjure up things. Time to go, bye.