Things I Wonder On Any Given Day, vol. 7.
Eighty to ninety percent of the brainpower I exert on a typical day of mine involves random thoughts. I started to write them down. This day was October 19, 2015.
- 1.How in a professional business setting, I call managers/higher-ups by their first names, always. But in a casual, social setting, I call friends' parents' names formally as "Mr." & "Mrs." Flip that script, I say.
- 2.How I've noticed myself often using 'rad' to describe things. I'm bringing it back.
- 3.When someone says, "You'll need to call ahead of time." ... which is opposed to calling when? After?
- 4.That fast food drive-thru's should give customers the option of a car wash in between ordering and receiving their food. I mean, you're just sitting there anyway. Convenient as hell.
- 5.The utter utopia of having the ability to work four 10-hour-day workweeks, even if it's every other week.Less traffic, less stress, less gas (save the planet!), less time with coworkers, less lunch money spent, more time with family, more time for hobbies, you can actually watch Price is Right and People's Court, more time for a 2nd job if you deem necessary, more time for travel/weekend trips, and most importantly, it creates another day for day-drinking - hello "Monday Funday!"
- 6.How the girl in Jurassic Park can be so dumb shining the super bright flashlight to attract the T-Rex, yet be so smart debugging the security system at the end of the movie?
- 7.How certain technologies are hard for my brain to grasp.For instance, mobile check depositing. And I'm here still wondering how scratch-n-sniff stickers work.
- 8.If eye doctors just test themselves for new contacts/eyeglasses.. or do they still have another doctor ask, "Now what's better, 1 or 2? ... 1? ........ Or 2?"
- 9.Tis all. Do a little dance, make a little love.