GREAT THINGS ABOUT THE DRIVE FROM LA TO SANTA FE
I'm on a solo road trip. I've never driven so far alone, so I was a little apprehensive, but it's been great. Here is why!
- •75 mph speed limit in Arizona and New MexicoThis was a revelation.
- •The Airstream where I stayed overnight in Flagstaff.I didn't want to do the ~13 hour drive all in one day, so I booked myself into an adorable Airstream on Airbnb.
- •In N Out on the road.Cheeseburger with grilled onions and a vanilla shake. Road food at its finest.
- •Cruise control.Set that baby (aka a rented Kia Sorrento after my car developed a mysterious noise the night before I was supposed to leave) at 84 mph and relax.
- •Cheap gas in Arizona and NM.I foolishly filled up for $4.69 a gallon when I was still in California. Across the border it's around $2.79. Here's a picture of a gas station in Milan, NM.
- •The momentary elation at seeing signs for Las Vegas, 111 miles on the road to Santa Fe.And then dejection when I realized they meant Las Vegas, NEW MEXICO.
- •Blasting Fleetwood Mac and singing along at the top of my lungs.This was maybe the best part.