ALBUMS THAT PEOPLE WHO LIKE ROCK AND ROLL ARE CRIMINALLY UNDEREXPOSED TO
These records are great, by tiny bands. I promise that if you like rock and roll, there's something for you here
- •American steel- jagged thoughtsBluesy, stonesy punk tinged rock
- •Cobra skulls- sitting armyMisfits meets against me meets a mariachi band meets bad religion in 1985 meets one of the smartest angriest lyricists around. Also some ska
- •The honor system- single fileAngular post punk from 1998 that would still be ahead of its time if it came out today. The vocals take a little getting used to, but this is a true masterpiece.
- •Nomeansno- wrongProg from Canada made by 2 30-something brothers who lived in their mom's basement. They still tour. They look like grandpas and they totally slay
- •The sidekicks-awkward breedsAlt weirdness. So good
- •The smoking popes- get firedBeautiful power pop. If the song 'pretty pathetic' doesn't melt your heart, you ain't got one
- •Detektivbyran-hemvagenNot rock, but still amazing accordions n shit
- •Oblivion- stop thiefWeeeeird punklike ramblings from the Midwest. Rare
- •The beauty shop- ye money or yr lifeTrue songwriting genius. Acoustic, trap kit, weird Asian girl band nerd on bass. Great lyrics. Influential.
- •Common rider-last wave rockersThere has never been another record like this
- •Communique-poison arrowsDisco sex rock. Very sexy
- •Copyrights- north sentinel islandPerfect pop punk
- •Dead to me-Cuban ballerinaThe best of the best 2001 wave of great, cool punk bands
- •The draft-in a million piecesIf your hillbilly stoner pool boy had the best bar band ever
- •Fartbarf-dirty powerI know. I know. You gotta trust me. This band slays
- •The fire next time-hungry river hymnsFolk music from Edmonton. The singer of this band is amazingly weird looking. He regularly sleeps with models. No small feat when you're in Edmonton.
- •Sam Russo- stormAcoustic singer songwriter shit from Haverhill, England. No frills. Just lovely music, great lyrics and a beautiful voice.