CLIMBING OUT FROM UNDER HEARTBREAK
"There is nothing as whole as a broken heart" 14th Century mystic from Safed
- •Cultivate compassion toward yourself
- •Stay with emotional distress knowing it can teach you
- •Learn to recognize internal negative propaganda for what it is, tell the messenger, 'thank you for sharing now put your head down'
- •Identify your deepest needs.. Affection, nourishment, connection, quest for meaning etc. and make plans to have them met
- •Remember as Leonard Cohen said, 'the heart below is speaking to the broken heart above' . This can be a time of profound inner learning