Favorite Cover Songs
- •Seven Nation Army - Ben L'Oncle SoulWho knew the White Stripes could be so...jazzy?
- •Toxic - Mark Ronson feat. Ol' Dirty BastardBests Britney. Like, a whole lot (yeah, come at me). Funky dance licks, explicit lyrics added
- •Try a Little Tenderness - The CommitmentsThe ultimate cover band 🍀🎺🎷🇮🇪
- •Shake - Otis Redding (preferably live at the Whiskey A Go Go)The man who wrote incredible songs that have yielded excellent covers (Aretha's Respect, Black Crowes doing Hard to Handle) gets his own souped-up, slammin version of this Sam Cooke tune. The sped-up, frantic energy lends to the lyrical content far better than the original
- •Hit 'Em Up Style - Carolina Chocolate DropsR&B with a fiddle! 🎻
- •Atlantic City - The BandCountrified Springsteen, courtesy Levon Helm
- •I'm Going Down - Vampire WeekendDo love me them Springsteen covers
- •Midnight Rider - Sharon Jones & the Dap KingsMy dad's a big Allman Bros fan & I was really stoked to share this soul update of a great time with him
- •Out of the Woods - Ryan AdamsI'm not a big T-Swift fan, but I do love me this moody song
- •Hey Jude - Wilson PickettGet ready for a whole buncha soul Beatles covers
- •Let It Be - Bill WithersBeatles take 2...
- •Eleanor Rigby - Aretha Franklin...and 3
- •Higher Love - James Vincent McMorrowY'all know how much I love any incarnation of this song
- •Stop Your Sobbing - The PretendersI love love love this song. Originally done by the Kinks, who are equally badass