I'm Deidre and Here's What I Believe
Inspired by @LizDawson
- •In Gwyneth Paltrow cookbooksCome at me.
- •That everyone should donate to charity at least twice a year - to a group that focuses on a global issue, and to one that affects his local communityAny amount will do; whatever you can spare
- •That it is my responsibility to talk openly and honestly with my children about sex, consent, and abuse
- •That a cuppa tea really does make everything better ☕️
- •That there is a perfect, grab-you-by-your-shoulders, riveting, book out there for everyone, even the non-readers 📖
- •That all American kids, regardless of race/religion/socio-economic background/gender should have the ability to go camp for free in the National Parks 👫🏕Kinda like the lovely idea from Mr Smith Goes to Washington
- •That high schools everywhere should require a personal finance course to graduateTopics include: how credit cards work, interest, basics about investing, IRAs/401ks...
- •That the phrase "having it all" is a horrific method of pitting women against each other
- •That everyone's time is best expressed in a pie chart. There is only 100%, and you may dole it or as you see fit. Anyone asking you to give 110% is a goddamn lunatic moron.