My Favorite Sad Sacks
This was a fun list to consider; thanks for request @andersun 😊 When these characters find a sliver of hope or happiness (usually fleeting), I cheer more wholeheartedly than for any lame old protagonist. Bless their hearts.
- •Ted BucklandHe even looks a little like Droopy the Dog (poor Ted)
- •Milhouse Van HoutenAlready devoted a li.st to this guy 👍🏽 Milhouse Moments
- •EeyoreThe grand poobah and general mascot of sad sacks everywhere
- •Jerry GergichTechnically, he's viewed as a sad sack in the office only. My fave running gag of P&R was that Jerry/Gary/Larry had a happy and fulfilling personal life, and was able to cheerfully compartmentalize
- •George Michael BluthHe even got Charlie Brown theme accompaniment for his sad walk!
- •Toby FlendersonThe spokesman for sad, beaten-down HR people (so say I, a former HR person)
- •Jared DunnI love him because he so embraces his sad sackness
- •Ray PloshanskyThe sad sack who's trapped in his own hyper-intellectualism