Promises Parents Should Make Each Other
I don't mean partner parents. I mean promises you make to acquaintances & strangers who also happen to be parents. Your kids' friends' parents, those other parents in the park, etc.
- •No more goodie bags at birthday partiesFor the love of the sweet baby Jesus, PLEASE LET'S STOP SENDING PLASTIC JUNK AND NOISEMAKERS AND TATTOOS TO EACH OTHER'S HOMES 🚫🎉🚫
- •If you are at the park & you're outnumbered by your kids, I'll keep an eye out for the eldest while you inevitably have to deal with your youngestI'll keep him/her from going near that growly dog or from rooting around in the trash can 👍🏽
- •Once we know each other, it's ok to just drop your kids off at my home for play dates; don't feel obliged to hang outTake the afternoon off for yourself! This is a mutually beneficial situation for both of us, as long as you do the same for me later on 🙌🏽
- •We'll all teach our bigger kids to physically watch out for the little onesI'm looking at you, giant 5th graders who go tearing down the school stairs, knocking kindergarteners left & right 😠
- •We will not judge each other when one of our littles loses it in publicTantrums happen, and we both know sometimes there is nothing can be done to control it. Let's give each other the "been there; I feel you" glance of solidarity 👊🏽 rather than shaming each other with an icy glare.
- •We will lend a hand when we see another mom or dad struggling with a diaperbag/door/stroller/dropped juice box/grocery situationSuggested by @ameliaville