Ways I Am Linda Belcher
The very first ep I ever saw was the one where Linda just wants her family to leave her alone for her birthday, then she had the worst day ever. As I laughed through my tears, I knew I had found my cartoon doppelgänger (personality-wise)
- •Let's start with the obvious...we're both MamasCalls her kids babies, highly affectionate, always pushing them to learn new things, willing to coach them
- •She can't lie"Sorry we're late; Bob had diarrhea"
- •Likes her drinkMay also be a bad influence on her husband regarding this matter
- •Red glasses
- •Calls her husband BobbyLiterally my dude's name
- •Breaks into song spontaneously about whatever's happening in that momentJust making them up on the fly. ALL THE TIME. Her kids love it just as much as mine do
- •Enamored of theatre (or live performances of any kind, really)Or just a general enthusiasm for everything. Optimism, alright!!
- •Adores family game nightIs upset when no one else is as into it as she is
- •Fully supports husband's endeavors...only occasionally trying to one-up them
- •Adores the holidaysNot an exaggeration
- •Will always go whole hog on making her husband live a full experienceWhen Lin made them chaperone the school dance & brought schnapps & cried in the bathroom so Bobby could experience the dance her never attended? That's my level of commitment right there
- •Sick dance movesAnd willing to get down whenever the mood strikes