Words That Should Not Be
According to me, anyway. These make my skin crawl. (And, no, "moist" does not bother me one bit)
- •AthleisureGranting a term for $125 sweatpants doesn't make them ok
- •IrregardlessYou just mean "regardless"
- •Daddy (as a sexual term)Ew ew ew ew ew. In my mind, this is just another of many ways people continue to infantilize sexuality
- •NormalcyA malapropism coined by Warren G. Harding when gunning for election. He meant "normality", yet his term stuck. Dumb-butt.
- •YummyWhen used for ANYTHING other than describing food to a small child. Don't you come at me trying to call a person or an outfit or a spa experience by this term, or I will cut you 🔪