You Might Not Realize
Odds & ends about me you may not detect from my lists
- •I love horror movies 🔪👻👹💀👍🏼Bad ones, classic ones are all appreciated, but I absolutely draw the line at remakes & The Human Centipede
- •I'm a Hufflepuff 💛💛💛I was utterly surprised by the official Pottermore sorting results. Thought for years I was an obvious Ravenclaw. I think this is a true testament that becoming a parent upped my empathy levels by ~83%
- •I pick at my eyelashes 🙅🏻A terrible habit left over from childhood. Thank goodness for Babe Lash serum
- •I played only 1 sport for only 1 season in my youth ⚾️Softball, 8th grade, 2nd base. Fueled by love of A League of Their Own, my fervor is as quickly overruled by my absolute lack of coordination.
- •I like all kids, not just my own 👭👫👬I've always had fun with kids. Babysitting since I was 11, later a day camp counselor, then a nanny. Now, I love volunteering in my kids' classes to see what they do & get to know their buddies. And I enjoy helping lead Daisy Scout meetings. But I promise I don't expect anyone to like my kids when they're being monsters, which is 47% of the time.
- •I'm one of those introverts who's really good at masking as an extrovert 😁 [😶]I can hang at parties & in groups of strangers, but I really just enjoy being by myself. It's draining to talk to others all the time
- •I'm still pretty intimidated by the other parents in my kids' schools 😬I think I hide this well (I hope, I hope). But where I live, most parents are older & are (seemingly?) settled in careers they enjoy. I've already blown through 2 careers that didn't fit me very well & am wondering what I'm going to do next. But I count myself lucky to be able to stay home with the kids now
- •I love to write, but it's really hard for me to focus on it at home🚫📝🏡Everyone says to carve out some sort of nook, some sacred space in your home for your writing. Hell, Stephen King managed to do it in the laundry closet of his first trailer park home. I am SO much more productive if I take it to the library, a cafe, even the airport. My house is just a vortex of too many distractions for things I have to do (or want to watch)
- •I swear too much 🚽👄I try really hard to keep this in check, but... If you see me write a dirty word, it's because I truly mean it. If you hear me say one, it just means I'm stoked about being around only adults while the kids are out of earshot - casual cussing at its heaviest
- •I kill plants ☠️🌱☠️I can't even be trusted with succulents
- •Following choreography or someone's lead in a partner dance is really difficult for me ⁉️💃🏽⁉️I love to dance. I just prefer to do my own thing rather than be roped in by someone else's moves
- •My spirituality is probably best defined by Kevin Smith's Dogma ✝️
- •I'm scared that I'll never figure out what I want to do & actually go for itI talk myself out of attempting things all the time. I realize I am actually the biggest thing that's holding me back