What to bring and do when kayaking
I did some white water kayaking today, so here is some of the stuff I did, and some more that I wish I did. Let us all learn.
- •Bring more waterYou will need it.
- •Always exploreDo you see a trail or a landing? Check it out. You might find a rope swing.
- •Bring a pocket knife or some tool.We found a sweet rope swing but somebody screwed a 2x4 to it so that it was unusable.
- •Apply sunscreen more often than you think you'd need it.I'm irish, so I need just a constant waterfall of sunscreen over my body.
- •Take your cameraDefinitely in a dry bag, but you are going to want to take pictures of those sweet rapids you're riding. And bald eagles.
- •Jump in the water early.Just hop on in, it's nice, and you're bound to get wet eventually, so do it on your own terms.