My Journal Keeps Nagging Me
I guess it's a journal, but I have this book where it asks a question every day of the year and you answer five years in a row so you can look back and be embarrassed by how much of a dork you were. Here are some examples:
- •When was the last time you spoke to your parents?Easy. Mother's Day. Good timing.
- •What's your next social engagement?You know the answer is N/A.
- •What do you need to throw away?
- •Did you complete your to-do list for today?Stop it.
- •Bad news: sugarcoated or straight-up?Why, is there something you need to tell me?
- •Are you able to tell when you've had enough?Get to the point.
- •When was the last time you felt at peace?
- •What do you want to forget?
- •Who do you want to be?Those two were back to back. Hard week.
- •What are you trying to do?I cannot imagine someone saying that in a nonjudgmental voice.