Things You Feel/Want When Your Parent Is Critically Ill
Two weeks in ICU and weird things are happening
- •Taco Bell for every meal seems like a good ideaThe comfort food problem is real. I buy two or three burritos in the morning and eat them throughout the day. IRL this is a bad move.
- •Resentment toward other familiesI've seen so many patients come and go and we are stuck here. I am mad that they get to leave and more forward while I am sitting and waiting. I have no control and can't plan a single thing for the future.
- •External manifestations of internal painSuppressing emotions so that you can make it through the day and keep negative energy out of the room can be good but sometimes a bed next door seems like it could be comfort. I want those pain meds and sedation too.
- •Ok, fine. How about a tattooA memorial and a little (or a lot) of pain all in one. I'm thinking big. I'm thinking color. My dad would hate it.
- •I want a babyMy dad loves kids and wants me to have one. I never planned on kids, ever, but I am seriously reconsidering that now.
- •Is this my future too?There isn't any way to test for or prevent my dad's problem. Are my genetics leading me to the same conclusion?