Podcasts... who's TOPS with me
My favorite podcasts... in no particular order
- •SYSK...Stuff You Should KnowJosh n Chuckers are the best at explaining and educating me on all kinds of stuff without being boring
- •The ReadKid Fury and Crissle talk sh*t about sh*t (they get into some really important topics too) and i love it. Their READ of the day are always hilarious and sometimes poignant. Good times, every time.
- •SPONTANEANATIONSir PFT (Paul F Tompkins) and 3 improv friends tackle random locations as a backdrop for a long form improv narrative. Exceptionally funny and all scored by the wonderful Eben Schletter.
- •Brilliant IdiotsCharlemagne tha God and Andrew Schultz are indeed a pair of smart-ass idiots that every now n then make valid arguments on random topics. Foul and funny... beware cuz they get into all kinds of discussions that can go nowhere or EVERYWHERE
- •Wait Wait Don't Tell MePeter Sagal is your consummate host and brings the funny, along with 3 special guests, equally funny to current notable events. The panel is quick witted, funny, and you learn something too!
- •How Did This Get Made?Paul Scheer, June Diane Raphael, and Jason Mantzoukas are hilarious and great fun to listen to as they skewer movies that serves up head-scratching plot and confusion plot devices & tropes. It's given me reason to take another look at a many "classic" movies i enjoyed and discover new ones that i never ventured to watch.
- •Denzel Washington Is The Greatest Actor of All Tinge Time, PeriodKevin & Kamau review every movie that Denzel has starred/appeared in and offer up just why this statement holds up. They are funny and smart and made me look at Denzel with a different eye. They also serve up great guests and discuss many noteworthy topics before dissecting why Denzel is the greatest of all time, period.
- •Code SwitchGene and Shareen host a show that delves deep into race and relations in America and abroad. Many stories are filtered from recent events and hot topics but some are human interest pieces. It gives a close lens look at life from all points of view in various cultures and ethnicities
- •Yo, Is This RacistAndrew Ti and a very special sometimes funny guest discuss race based on voice mails left by a random caller that wants to know did they experience racism or were they racially offensive. Most of the time (ne all) the answer is yes, but it opens up a great discussion between the guest n Andrew- offering up varying view points and leads to many other topics as well. Though racism is never solved it is always a lively and sometimes heavy discussion. It leaves me amazed how racism is still a thing.