How to buy a new car 💸
After spending the past three months looking for a vehicle, I thought I'd share a few tips.
- 1.Decide it's time for a new vehicle. 🤔Maybe your mileage is high. Maybe things are starting to go. Maybe you just want a new ride because that's how you roll.
- 2.Test drive lots of different stuff. 🚗🚙🏎There are a ton of vehicles that all have similar options. Decide what you need and what you want. Decide what you can afford (including taxes and fees) before you go.
- 3.You better shop around. 🕵🏻There can be a huge disparity between dealerships when it comes to not only price, but service after the sale.
- 4.Don't settle. 😒Even if they have a dark green one on the lot and it's "marked to move", don't compromise. If you want black, get black. You'll likely be driving this thing for several years. Why not love what you drive instead of just tolerating it?
- 5.Know the deal. 🤓There are several sites that will let you look up what other people have paid for a similar vehicle. Beyond that, most dealerships have certain times (usually end of month) when they need to sell vehicles to make their numbers. If you can, wait.
- 6.Negotiate. 🚶🏻Don't be a wuss. When they give you their whole speech, take it all in, then say "I'm going to think about it." Chances are they will call you the next day to take $500-$1000 off depending on the car. Either that or offer you free service contracts or oil changes etc.
- 7.There is no winning. 😩Never in my life have I felt like I've really won in the end. Then again, dealerships are a business, not a charity. They need to make money. You can pretty safely assume that no matter the deal, they've made a tidy profit.
- 8.Celebrate anyway. 🎉You got the car you wanted and you did it your way. You waited, researched and pounced!
- 9.Go for a lil drive 🚗You deserve it.