Jobs I've had over the years...
A little glimpse into what makes me tick 🤔
- •Shoe ShineLike I legit shined fucken shoes. I was really good tho and made BANK 😎
- •Drove that cart that picks up the golf balls.It was awful. People try to hit you and it's scary af. 😳
- •BusboyDirty plates and dishes. 😒
- •ServerBanquets and weddings. I did this for a while and became head server which is just as depressing as it sounds. 😒
- •BartenderHated it. Made good money but dealing with drunks was not for me. 😒
- •Direct mail companyI stuffed envelopes, ran inserting machines. It was a very mundane job. 😒
- •Started working for my parentsThey started a newspaper in 1989. Never thought I would work for them. After 6 years I took partnership in the business. I now own as much as they do and will take it over fully in a year or two. 😳
- •I started a web consulting businessWebsites yo! I've been making dumb things on the Internet since 2002 so I figured I could make money doing it too. In 2006 I officially started my company. I actually enjoy designing things.
- •I "cofounded a startup".It was bad. We raised money. Like a lot. We never really got anywhere. The other founders were ok with this. I was not. I left. I think one is still there?
- •What I've learned...No matter what the job, I have taken something valuable from each. Even shitty experiences are pieces of who you are. Without any of these jobs I don't think I would be the same me. Knowing that I used to shine friggen shoes makes present day success all the sweeter.