Things people say when you're self employed
- •"Must be nice."It can be. Mostly it means working when other people are relaxing.
- •"You get to make your own hours?"Yes I do. Usually they are 6am-midnight.
- •"I hate my boss. I wish I worked for myself."You will hate yourself more than you hate your current boss.
- •"I only have a week of vacation time."If I don't work, I don't get paid. Ever.
- •"I just got a raise."Awesome! If I want a raise, I have to work more. No matter how much I think I deserve it anyway.
- •"I wish I could work for myself."You can. Probably. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you're cool with all of the above.