It Is "Me" Not "We"
I'm sorry this is seriously my pet peeve to end all pet peeves. I have a friend from high school that is driving me bonkers.
- •<Rant> I CANNOT STAND IT WHEN PEOPLE IN RELATIONSHIPS START STAYING "WE"
- •When I invite a friend to do something and they always say "oh, I don't know what we are doing tonight" or "I think we should be free"Every. Time. I didn't invite your boyfriend! Why are you bringing him into this?? I am only home for a couple nights!
- •No longer does he/she like things, but instead "we love that band" or "we dont really like that restaurant."What? No. You are a PERSON. Even in a relationship, you are an individual person and your thoughts and opinions and ideas and talents are beautiful and do not need to be fused with another person.
- •With no context in a story, just launching into "We had the best time at a concert this weekend..."
- •The only way I ever respond to any of this is to say: "wait, who is 'we'?"And make them confront this problem 😭😂😭