Since I Quit My 97k Salary Job...
An update to this list: https://li.st/l/7YVB555lDBjifllUEgBofk per many requests!
- •I was kind of terrified when I left my job back in April.
- •When I gave my 8-week notice in February, I hadn't even applied for another job yet and really had no idea wtf I was doing with the my life.But I knew I had to start moving in the right direction since I wanted to get out of my industry job and go to grad school
- •Since then, here's what I've been up to...
- •I got a position as research specialist in an awesome lab at UW.Studying the biochemistry and genetics of metabolism.
- •I technically already got into grad school!My PI offered me direct admission into UW's PhD program starting this September if I want it and they actually have a really good Nutrition PhD program. I don't think I'm going to take it but stillllllll.
- •I lost ten pounds.Of bloat seriously from lack of sleep, traveling constantly, and eating crappy.
- •I went on a 26 day vacation in California with my boyfriendAnd it was amazing.
- •I am happy, healthy, and on track for a career I actually care about.
- •Moral of the story: It's only money. Make moves towards what you love to do.