True Life: I Have a Weird Pet
"Pics or it didn't happen" -@boygirlparty
- •So I have a pet named PoptartHe's a tarantula.
- •I don't really feel the need to explain or defend this decisionThere's a backstory but w/e
- •Hes actually cool AF
- •IS HE POISONOUS?Yes but the venom is designed to slowly effect very small animals, mostly insects. So they really can't do any serious harm to humans.
- •HAS HE EVER BITTEN ANYONE?No but no one ever wants to hold him.
- •DO YOU HOLD HIM?I have before, very carefully, he's very gentle honestly. They aren't known for biting people or large animals. But I haven't taken him out of his cage in a long time and probably won't ever again.
- •HOW DID POPTART GET HIS NAME?You can't tell from the picture, but he actually has a blueish tint on his body and it made me think of blueberry poptarys (not BLUEBERRIES mind you). Also he needed a ridiculous name so f funny
- •CAN HE ESCAPE?Literally no, he's in a thick glass aquarium-style tank. He's chilling.
- •COOLEST THING ABOUT HAVING A PET TARANTULA?All my neighborhood guy friends thought it was awesome and wanted to come over to see it. I mean its pretty badass ok
- •HOW OLD IS POPTART?I got him in the spring of 2009 so at least 7 years old and still kicking it.
- •WHAT DOES POPTART EAT?Not much. Crickets.
- •IS POPTART CAPABLE OF LOVE?I'm gonna have to go with no.
- •ISN'T POPTART A DISGUSTING CREATURE THAT DESERVES TO DIE?He's literally just a chill dude, let him live in his 1/4 inch thick glass
- •WHAT ARE POPART'S FAVORITE BOOKS?He likes the classic long-form storytellers, so Tolstoy and Dickens.
- •HOW DOES POPTART STAY SO FIT?Eats low-carb paleo and does crossfit.
- •IS POPTART SINGLE?Yes.
- •No further questions.