NAMES OF MY PARENTS' DOGS
Possibly a complete list? Will my father allow another dog after this one?
- •Jude the ObscureAfter the Thomas Hardy novel.
- •SullivanAs in Gilbert and Sullivan.
- •TeebooA compromise with my brother. This dog was to be named Gilbert (the Gilbert to his sister Sullivan) but my brother refused. He suggested Xenophon, which my father then refused. "I will not be yelling "Come, Xenophon!" out the backdoor!" Xenophon and Teeboo are (supposedly?) the names of some Ancient Greek warriors my brother was obsessed with back in the day. Neither know nor care if I am spelling those correctly.
- •PatienceAfter a Gilbert & Sullivan opera, called Patience.
- •Yum-YumNamed after one of the "Three Little Maids from School" from, you guessed it, the Gilbert & Sullivan opera "The Mikado."