Albums that changed my life
I think about this list quite a lot. These are the albums that a great beginning to end and echo a period of my life
- •Tumbleweed Connection - Elton JohnI saw him on tour around this time. Talking Old Soldiers is still my angry ballad standard.
- •A Night at the Opera - QueenBohemian Rhapsody is not the only epic song on the album — The Prophet's Song is even more so.
- •Van Halen - Van HalenEverything changed when this album came out. A new age of both lead and rhythm guitar mixed with outrageous showmanship. I love the angry side of Van Halen.
- •The Kids Are Alright - The WhoThis is cheating a bit since this soundtrack is effectively a greatest hits album but this movie was what made me want to start playing guitar and that was a turning point for me.
- •Armed Forces - Elvis Costello and the AttractionsEvery song is tight, edgy and a little moment of perfection. The 80's started in 1979 with this album.
- •Moving Pictures - RushThe hardest part is choosing just one Rush album but this one has it all
- •The Joshua Tree - U2They took The Unforgettable Fire and stepped it up another notch with The Joshua Tree. Red Hill Mining Town "Love... Slowly stripped away" is perhaps one of the most emotionally raw moments in music.
- •Before These Crowded Streets - Dave Matthews BandSo much angst from Dave and the band and, best of all, Carter Beauford unleashed!
- •Go - Motion City SoundtrackCertainly the least well known album on my list, MCS are one of the most powerful groups I've heard and this album is stunning. The drumming is particularly epic.