A Thing About ME That I Need to Vent About
Don't care that this is like "emo," or whatever
- •My friends tell me I have trouble reading social cues, and that's why dating and certain friendships don't work for me
- •They say I "come on too strong"
- •When did it become not okay to tell people how you feel?
- •Being emotive does not = crazy (at least, not in my world)
- •Also, I get it -- some people aren't as communicative as me, and that's okay (but actually, apparently I don't get it)
- •I just like getting to know new people, whether they are from real life, a dating app, or any other form of social media
- •I hate that people are so quick to judge me for it or get weirded out by it
- •I promise my intentions are pure and good, and I'm not crazy
- •Just because I tell you you're cute doesn't mean I want to sleep with you or am obsessed with you
- •Just because I text you the day after our first date also doesn't mean I'm obsessed with you
- •I dunno, maybe I DO come on too strong
- •You can bet your bottom dollar from now on that I won't let someone make me feel anxious, or sad, or less than, or crazy, or weird, or ANYTHING for it anymore
- •So like, if you wanna be friends with me, it comes with the territory; I will tell you how I feel, and I will ask you questions because I'm genuinely interested, not because I don't understand how social cues work
- •And like, I wanna be friends with y'all