Things My Family Members in Mississippi Have Said, and What They Mean
I love my family and my roots, and they are the greatest, but these are too good not to share.
- •"You know where Brett Favre lives? It's out there, and take a left." - My cousin (a real estate agent)Directions (that apparently can actually be used)
- •"Photo somethin' somethin' somethin'." - My auntThe app called "Super Photo."
- •"We are a highly challenged family." - My momWe are a highly intelligent family.
- •"If y'all don't know what to do with y'all's Christmas trees, bring 'em on down to our house; we got a worm farm." -My aunt"We started composting." (This one actually surprised me.)
- •"Well, you look good." - My family"You've gained weight, and everyone knows it."
- •"The pants you got him are perfect -- the Under Armour jacket he also got are the same print camo." - My auntThis one speaks for itself. I wasn't aware that there are multiple styles of camouflage print, but we learn something new every day.
- •"I had this shirt before marijuana was invented." - My PopPop (I started calling him this long before "Arrested Development" BYE)"I'm a cool grandfather," re: the shirt he "didn't know" had marijuana leaves on it he wore for Christmas Eve.
- •"One of them things that tells you when someone drives up your driveway." - My MamawA dog.
- •"I just plan on goin' to NYC to college 'cause there's lots of cabs there." - My cousin"I don't need to learn to drive because I have the misconstrued notion that one can afford to take cabs everywhere in NYC."
- •"Do you have you a woman, now that you look so healthy?" - My Mamaw"Are you still gay, even though you've gained weight?"