Ways to Die in the "Oregon Trail" Game, Ranked by the Likelihood of Them Happening to Me IRL
- •SnakebiteNever. I literally am always on guard, even in NYC, where there are no snakes around (except that giant one that escaped from the Bronx Zoo that one time).
- •CholeraIt's caused by drinking contaminated water, and I am very picky about the water I drink, not in like an "Ooohhhh, I only drink Fiji water" kind of way; I just mean I am careful.
- •Typhoid FeverKinda the same story as cholera, but when you add food to the list of sources, the likelihood increases.
- •DysenteryTbh, Typhoid Fever and dysentery have the same likelihood of affecting me, but I am way more likely to get the one that causes the worst symptoms, simply because I have horrid luck.
- •MeaslesI mean, I've been vaccinated. But I also had chicken pox twice (well, technically it was shingles the second time, but still the same thing), so who knows what my journey has in store?
- •ExhaustionI actually get audibly winded doing any form of movement with my body, so this one is of great concern. Who am I, if I can't be myself?