Words... What Are They REALLY?!
~the more you know~
- •For some reason, the word "metabolism" has been stuck in my head
- •Since I've been saying it in my head over and over, I've started really *listening* to what the word sounds like
- •And it is basically gibberish that means something
- •Like, say "metabolism" a few times, you'll see
- •That got me to thinking about words in general
- •How do words become words?Meaning like who first decided what word was going to be for a thing. Like who looked at the first chair, and how did they go about naming it? And how did that name catch on EVERYWHERE?
- •Also, are there any things that don't have words yet?Not counting animal species. I was a Biology major, I know there's tons of unnamed shit out there
- •This has been boggling my marbles
- •And I haven't googled it yet because, honestly, I'm not ready
- •I needed to write about it first, to try to figure out if I'm an idiot or not?
- •Is there something I'm missing???
- •Who knows about words???
- •Are there LITERAL WORDSMITHS somewhere in the world??!!
- •SOS, I'm down a rabbit hole
- •What are they REALLY?!