Ways to Practice Scales
To get to know them better you can't just buy them a drink...
- •Practice scale normallyDuh...
- •Practice scale full rangeHelps identify notes out of scale range
- •Practice scale from the middle of the scale (mode)Makes you think about notes when you start on a different tonal center
- •Practice thirdsIntervals always help
- •Practice fourthsIntervals always help
- •Practice fifthsIntervals always help
- •Create patterns and play the pattern over all of the scalesMakes you think about the notes instead of just playing the notes and memorizing the feeling
- •Practice articulation and other technique building exercises on scales you don't know that wellTwo birds
- •Practice arpeggiosChord tones duh