Already on li.st? Open in app.
My wife was on business the last two weeks. She came home this weekend, so we've pretty much stayed around the house relaxing, including catching up on some movies. Here they are.
- 1.LovingTrue story of an interracial couple who fought for their marriage, a fight that went to the Supreme Court. Brought me flashbacks of my constitutional law class in college.
- 2.ChicagoThe Best Picture of 2002, this one took me back to high school: my school's drama club did this show back in 2003. Never saw it, just remember everyone wearing the sweatshirt.
- 3.ZootopiaFun little film. Liked the Breaking Bad reference they made. Sloths in the DMV is on point.
- 4.Sausage PartyI have no idea what I was watching. Seth Rogan's mind is a place I don't want to be.
When you're in the woods, there's plenty of time for games inside. Here's what we're playing while at Island Lake State Recreation Area in Brighton.
It's Christmas Eve. Here are three decorations to celebrate the holiday with.
- •This Nativity set was my great-aunt's and is one of the few pieces I have from my dad's family.
- •Here's a Christmoose, given to me by my wife's aunt. He's a solid addition to any festivity.
- •An ornament with "Merry Christmas" in Slovak, my family name root. Bought at Bronners in Frankenmuth back in 2010.
I bought a video game console fire the first time in my life this past month, an Xbox One. I'm 28. These are the first two games I acquired for it. More to come.
I went backpacking at Negwegon State Park last weekend, a Michigan state park in Alcona and Aliens counties. These are some photos from that trip.