17 Things I Love About My Wife
We built a new front porch on our house a few years ago. This accomplishment has allowed me innumerable pleasures; namely, cocktails, wonderful conversation, and reflection. So, after 27 years of marriage, my first list will be written on this very front porch...about this woman I very much love.
- •She's smarter than meReally, about everything
- •She carries the burden of my ineptitude with graceI know nothing about bill-paying, I oftentimes try to fix things around the house and it makes the situation worse, you get the picture...
- •Her VoiceWhen she would rock our babies to sleep back in the day, I would purposefully be in ear shot as she sang to them because it gave me such peace.
- •Her Culinary SkillsIn the grand scheme of things to love about her, this is pretty superficial...but MY GOD - she could open a restaurant
- •Our Bedtime RoutineHands down, the favorite part of my day. As soon as we lay in bed I place the palm of my hand in the arch of her back, the arch of her foot rests comfortably on my leg....and we just talk about our day. I...love...this
- •She Makes Me LaughLike no other.
- •She Has My BackI can confide in her about anything and she doesn't judge me. No matter what.
- •She's Sexy As Hell
- •She Has a Ph.D. In PsychologyOk, not really...but I'm a 51 year old man in denial about my aging process - and she has a way of gently steering me back into reality.
- •She Holds My HandSometimes publicly. Sometimes under the restaurant table.
- •She Puts Up With My TearsJesus, I cry at everything now: our kids accomplishments, a movie, or just taking a walk with her...and I don't have to explain anything to her because she just gets it.
- •She Takes OverWhen my Dad died quite suddenly over a decade ago - I was literally in a fog for nine full months. She took care of EVERYTHING - knowing the fog will eventually lift
- •She Still Slaps My Butt In Casual Passingand will lie out her ass when she tells me "it's still firm as hell, baby."
- •She is an awesome MomJust ask both our kids - they adore her.
- •She Sends Me Random Texts Throughout The DayHi. ❤️. You're hot. Meet for lunch? How YOU doin? (aka: Joey on Friends)
- •She Laughs At My HumorI find daily joy in making her laugh. And when I having nothing in the humor vault that day - I'll recycle the same ole stuff - and she'll still laugh
- •She Said Yes On May 20th, 1989Luckiest man alive, hands down