What To Do When Your Neighbors Huge Tree Falls In Your Yard
...and you're in Key West FL on vacation
- •Call your insuranceIt's Sunday, am I really going to get a voice? The answer is no.
- •Say goodbye to your truck in the drivewayIt was totaled. And paid for. I'll miss you most buddy.
- •Pray there was no roof damage to the house...and if there is, please God - make it worth a lot more than my deductible
- •Thank your neighbors...they broke it to us gently and sent us the pictures. Thanks Anne & Ryan
- •Decide if you will cancel your vacation and fly home immediatelyEnough said
- •Alcohol helpsThank you Mojito(s)
- •Call a tree company and remove said treeFirst thing insurance carrier told us. No claim adjuster can come to your home without fully seeing the damage
- •Process, reprocess...and then ACCEPT the fact that your neighbor is not liable for any damageWTF? Yep, it's true.
- •Be in denial for 4 hours and rent a boat in Key West with a great captain named Hugh.Ensure said Captain is responsible because he's going to witness two grown adults down a full bottle of Tito's vodka in 4 hours. Thanks Hugh. We'll never see you again...but thanks.
- •Kiss your wife/partner and keep things in perspectiveIt's only a house and a vehicle. You're not dead. On this day, we just got the short end of the stick. That's all.