SOCIALLY AWKWARD SITUATIONS THAT PLAGUE ME
I cringe on the daily. Being a social being is hard.
- •When I say goodbye to someone and then realize we're walking the same way...DO I SAY GOODBYE AGAIN???!
- •When I go in to hug someone and they go for a handshake (or visa-versa)WHAT DO
- •When I recognize someone's face yet flat out don't remember their nameTHE BAIN OF MY EXISTENCE
- •When I trip on something mid-speech and just try to pretend that the last second didn't happenDON'T LOOK AT ME
- •When someone (especially my boss) strikes up a conversation with me in the bathroomWHY
- •When I'm on the train and my hand accidentally brushes someone else's handOR BUTT, OMG NOOO
- •When my voice cracks even though I'm 22I JUST HAVE TO CLEAR MY THROAT
- •When I'm absent-mindedly scrolling through someone's Instagram and I'm like 100 weeks back and I accidentally like a picture for a split secondMY COVER HAS BEEN BLOWN. NOW THEY KNOW I WAS CREEPIN' HARD.
- •When someone points out that my fly is down, my shirt is untucked, and other clothing mishapsTHERE IS NO GOD
- •When you and someone else are walking towards each other and you both move in the same direction to avoid each other. It's especially awful when it happens so many times 😭Suggested by @ErinFlaherty
- •When I get on the T (or the commuter rail, even worse) and see someone I kind of know and have to either make awkward conversation with them for the entire ride or pretend I don't see them when I obviously doSuggested by @sky