WORDS WITH NO DIRECT ENGLISH TRANSLATION TO MAKE YOU SOUND SMARTER THAN OTHER PEOPLE
Yes, I stole most of these from online.
- •Schadenfreude (German)"A feeling of enjoyment that comes from seeing or hearing about the troubles of other people"
- •Lagom (Swedish)"Not too much, not too little, but juuust the right amount"
- •Komorebi (Japanese)"The interplay between light and leaves when sunlight shines through trees"
- •Culaccino (Italian)"The stain left on a table from a glass of cold water"
- •Pena Ajena (Spanish)"The feeling of being embarrassed for someone else"
- •Pana Po'o (Hawaiian)"The act of scratching one's head in order to remember the location of a misplaced object"
- •Sitzpinkler (German)"A man who sits to pee"
- •Esprit d'Escalier (French)"To think of a comeback when it is too late" (literally: "staircase wit")
- •Tartle (Scottish)"Panicky hesitation experienced when you have to introduce someone whose name you can't remember"
- •Ya'arburnee (Arabic)"The hopeful declaration that you will die before someone you love deeply because you cannot stand to live without them" (literally: "you bury me")