PHONES I HAVE OWNED
15 years of mobile phones
- •Bosch 509, 2000The company that made ovens made a phone. It was orange and best feature was ring tones for text messages
- •Phillips Savvy, 2001One of the first phones you could send emoticon like images (only to people who had the same phone)
- •Panasonic GD67, 2002Had a clear backing which you could put an picture inside. First colour screen
- •Nokia 2280, 2003CDMA network. Free phone with 2 year student contract. Made a great torch. Back to no colour.
- •Sanyo 7400, 2004Flip phone with colour screen and polyphonic ring tones. Pretty great phone with rubber edges (helpful if dropped). I think it also had P2Talk which never caught on. Shame it was CDMA only.
- •Motorola Razor v3, 2006Terrible phone. Menu system that didn't make any sense. Downgrade from Sanyo. Flip phone phase continues.
- •Nokia N95, 2007The best phone ever. 5MP camera, GPS with Nokia Maps and a web browser.
- •Sony Ericsson W580i, 2010Walkman phone from work. Not as good as my N95.
- •HTC Magic, 2011First android (Jellytip?) blurry camera. Not great.
- •HTC 7 Trophy 2011Windows phone 7. Actually pretty cool integration with Facebook. Corporate Email and calendar. Decent camera (5MP)
- •iPhone 4, 2012Bf at the time had a spare iPhone 4 as he had just bought an iPhone 4S
- •iPhone 4S, 2013Upgraded to 4S when then-bf upgraded to 5. Battery performance was worse than the 4. Replaced the battery which marginally extended the battery time. Bought a spare battery case. Charged phone to full twice a day
- •iPhone 5S, May 2014Bought new iPhone 5S due to poor battery life and need to take better photos while traveling. Bought Morphie battery case
- •iPhone 6S, Nov 2015Overnight charge lasts all day. Twice the battery life of iPhone 5S and more space for photos