THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MY CAR
- •It's name "The LGH"LGH stands for Little Green Honda
- •Gas tank with no limitI have filled my tank up to 18 gallons before. My uncle told me not to brag about this because it means I was probably running on fumes.
- •I get about 400 miles per tankWith a ten mile drive to work and a limited social life this means I only fill the tank once every three weeks.
- •The fire hydrant nozzle shaped dent in the rear bumper.I didn't have my license yet. I was driving with sibling-whose-identity-shall-never-be-revealed through the Slopes and had to make a U turn. We backed into a fire hydrant.
- •Wolverine scratches on drivers side back door.This could have been caused by a jerk high school classmate who didn't leave a note OR pulling in to the garage too right and hitting the exposed brick OR a chance encounter with Wolverine. You decide.
- •Alumni stickersWho am I? A mother of several children? A huge supporter of the A10? The youngest sibling reaping the benefits of the family car no one needs to drive anymore because they are being proper adults and driving cars ofo their own purchase?
- •Clock/HawkApparently it being on even if the car is off is a novelty? But I set it 7 minutes fast so I'm never as late as I probably would be. I tried to remove my poorly adhered university sticker. Failed. Put the hawk on my dash.
- •"CCORD"This recently fell off. The "A" fell off years ago.
- •Pencil eraser sized cause of flat tire.My reminder not to drive over debris after storms.
- •Check engine lightMy most faithful companion because it's always there. Except for the three days where it needed to stay off so that I could pass my inspection.
- •Gas gauge/lightNeither the light not the gauge are functional. But it's a good estimate! Ive only run out of gas once!
- •Gas logAlthough kept on my phone this is vital.
- •MusicCareoke is the most important part of driving or being a passenger in the LGH. CDs must be on hand for tunnels. The music doesn't stop.
- •CoastingMy commute is hill after hill after hill. If I get enough momentum (surprisingly not that much) I will slide down a hill and halfway up the next. Very little braking or gas pedaling required.
- •NostalgiaRiding since 1998. 💚 Driving since 2007.
- •The bond we have after surviving the summer of "full stop = no acceleration for thirty seconds"I never stopped at a stop sign. At red lights I didn't even have to hold the brake, the care just stayed put on it's own!
- •AC and Heat only works on highest setting and even then it's a struggle.I am used to this, my companions are not. In winter I alternate hands driving and warm the other under my thigh. In summer it's a windows down paradise. This also affects the defrosting rate of frozen windows so an extra long and effective scraper is an absolute must.
- •Update From 10/23/15🎶in the aaarrrmsss of the angels, flyy awayyy from here 🎶