5 Ways 2015 Made Me Aware I'm Ancient
48. Kinda crept up on me like the way water gets cold during a shower. 50, you bastard, I'm coming to get you.
- •The name of my neuro-surgeon rolls off my tongue and out of my mouth any time somebody talks about back, leg, neck or brain pain.
- •A stopwatch measures today's dog walk against yesterday's to see "how we're doing." Who's lollygagging? Me or the dog?
- •Then there's the daily pill box. That is religiously filled and refilled Sunday morning. Followed my an Amazon order for more calcium pill and horse tranquilizers.
- •Gray hair is spreading the The Blob. One or two sprinkled on top was fine. Then the beard. But now the chest. STOP THE INSANITY
- •Finally The Squint. This only happens when trying to make a LIST (hat tip @bjnovak) and the damn reading glasses are ?lost? Again. It makes me look like a kid staring down the claw machine after missing that Fred Flintstone watch by THAT MUCH. Oh well it all beats the alternative.