10 Food & Beverage Cults
Are you in a food cult? Here's the psychographic/demographic of the people who are a part of these 10 food cults. (all images pulled from the web)
- 1.In-N-OutYou live in California (or used to). You are probably white or Asian. You feel obligated to Instagram your burger and fries every time you go. Anytime someone even mentions In-N-Out you yell out "ANIMAL STYLE!" even if you secretly don't like it that way.
- 2.LaCroixYou're probably a white woman in her 20s. You are obsessed with this canned sparkling water and will vehemently defend your preferred flavor. You get nervous when you have less than 3 cans of it in the fridge.
- 3.BaconIf you eat meat there is an 72% chance you are in this cult. That percentage goes up to 94% if you are either paleo or gluten free. You probably live on the Midwest as well. There is 63% chance you are Republican. You have (at some point in your life) shopped at a Walmart.
- 4.QuinoaThe savior food. You take yoga classes. You have used the phrase "clean eating" at least once in a conversation without irony. You eat kale.
- 5.AvocadosThe bacon of the vegetarian world. If you are part of this cult you view guacamole as the sole reason to eat faux Mexican food. Yes you know it cost more at Chipotle. Stop asking me that damn question!
- 6.Pumpkin Spice LattesPeople refer to you as "Basic" but you don't care! In fact, you've reclaimed that word and proudly use it to show off your love of Lulu Lemon clothing and PSL. You have, at one point, Instagrammed the latte in hand but you've done it so many times you are trying not to do it again this season. You'll probably just Snapchat the cup this year.
- 7.KaleThe other savior food. You eat it and feel really good about yourself. It's like self-esteem in leafy green form. You wish your significant other would massage you the way you massage the kale with the salad dressing.
- 8.CauliflowerYou are paleo or primal or caveman or whatever the word is nowadays that denotes eating food without sugar, grains or dairy. Pretty much any food that is fun. You've used the word "hack" to describe your dinner (i.e. "This recipe for cauliflower pizza crust is an amazing hack!"). You probably also do crossfit.
- 9.BiscuitsYou're from the south. You believe the best flour is White Lily Flour and you couldn't fathom baking anything using another brand. You also don't really believe in recipes, especially for biscuits. You need to experience and just "feel" how the dough is as you make it. This is how ALL cooking is for you. Don't even get you started on putting sugar in cornbread.
- 10.Swedish fishYou have a TV sitcom loosely based on your life.