A Selection of My Cake Servers
Otherwise known as empirical evidence that I am secretly a 70-year-old queen with a vintage/antique fetish.
- •This silver one reminds me of the one I grew up with. I don't know what happened to that one but when I saw this at an antique store I had to buy it.
- •The handle makes this server. It had a nice heft to it.
- •There's a slight tarnish to this one that I love. Though I would be concerned to actually use it to serve a cake.
- •Despite the fact that it looks vintage it actually is new. Bought at Sur la Table a few years ago. Great heft and weight.
- •One of the few ceramic pie servers that I have. It's a little too country for me and I haven't found a use for it yet. But I still think it's cute.
- •There are real commanding presence to this server. It feels really formal like it could be a prop in a Downton Abbey scene or something.
- •Look at the intricate pattern in the holes of this one! I love it.
- •Found in antique shop in Indiana. I don't know what the hell this one is. But I knew I had to buy it. I think I used it once in a shoot. I'm at a loss as to who would ACTUALLY use it though.
- •Super elegant shape. Found at an antique mall on 4th of July somewhere between St. Louis and Indianapolis.
- •I was all WHAT. THE. FUCK. when I saw this one at a flea market. I was out of cash so I had to go to the generic ATM and pay ridiculous fees but who the hell cares. Look at this! It has a hoof on it!!!I still haven't found a time to use it though. It kind of freaks me out that I even own it. Like it's the Devil's cake server. (which means I should serve Devil's food cake with it of course)
- •And I have about a dozen more but I won't bore you with them.